No matter what you believe and how passionate you are about something, there will be someone with an opposing view. I like Peppermint Stick ice-cream and you may hate it. I want to try to instill the same values to my children (1 a future Politician) that I carry out on this blog. I try to run a fairly PG-rated blog as I feel more good than bad will come from that. I try to make my points without being hateful & inflammatory or disrespectful to others. I loathe the ACLU because I feel they hurt America every day by stripping it’s core values away from the Constitution and worrying more about the bad people than the good. Why am I wrtiting this today? Well, there are several reasons.
1. Because I want this to remain a respectful blog with heated, healthy debate with all walks of life visiting, contributing & debating. I now have several diverse contributors & things can get pretty heated.
2. This week I have seen a couple of people I blog with, who went out and really pushed some buttons in a way I never would, get bad repercussions. That doesn’t mean I will ignore their blogs in the future. For those that want the 411 on this situation, a couple of blogs have been “hijacked” this week. Their blogs were hacked & an Arabic message was replaced with their content.
3. I blog with & now contribute to the Cotillion, Stop the ACLU, RepubliJews, Milbloggers & tons of blogs I just love for one reason or another & some I cringe at when I read, others make me laugh. That keeps me on my toes.
4. Constantly referring to the other political party from which you disagree with hate foaming from your mouth, will never help get your point across.
5. Do I know what the hell I am talking about? Probably not. Do I research every post for hours & have journalistic expectations? No. Who am I to make this rant? Just a blogger in a world of nuts, trolls, psychos, criminals & alot of wonderful people.
6. I think attacks on the blogosphere & cyber-space will continue and intensify quickly.
7. Staying under the radar isn’t what I am talking about, but picking appropriate battles.
8. Hooah! Stick around, this blog is here to stay!
This is linked to the Stop the ACLU blogburst. A blogburst is when a bunch of people for a cause blog the same day about a subject, link together & turn Google upside down. Google ACLU & you will get a Stop the ACLU reference for sure!